Friday, September 4, 2009

Milestone

Wow - I just realized that I have passed the one year mark of chemotherapy.  My last chemo was September 2, 2008.  Can it really be a whole year?

Can it really be a whole year?

It doesn't feel as if it was that long ago.  The feeling is still fresh in my mind and I'm still struggling to grow hair!  I guess it has taken me awhile to truly recover.  Plus - I've had two surgeries during the last year.  One more surgery to go....  but I just wanted to acknowledge how far I've come.

Whew.  I'm glad the chemo part is all behind me.  What a drag.  Remember my chemo mantra borrowed from Muhamed Ali? 

"Suffer now and live the rest of your life like a champion."

Well,  I'm feeling like a champion tonight!

7 comments:

Tabitha and Kelly said...

I'm glad that you feel like the champion that you are!

Sue said...

Congratulations on reaching this milestone! Wishing you a whole wonderful lifetime of milestones and celebrations.

Hugs, swan

Jean said...

you go girl! Sherrie Jo, I look forward to seeing you in October in Atlanta. I've missed you, and I celebrate your courage and pluck!

Anonymous said...

You are a champ, my friend. Keep on fighting, Jo. Any plans for the Walk?

Geezus

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe it has been a year! See you at the walk!

Cathy

Unknown said...

I just wrote a post and it made me think of you...wanting to know how you are - how you're continuing to heal. How your memory is doing. I totally know what you mean and I haven't experienced a lot of what you have - but it gets frustrating when I'm told, "but you looked me in the eye and said X" for which I have absolutely no recollection. Chemo brain and chemo-pause does create havoc that doesn't quickly go away.

A big hug from Seattle.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Hey JoJo, thanks for commenting on my post about the Susan G. Komen Middle East Breast Cancer Conference that UNINVITED Israeli participant. I am glad you found the information relevent.

Since posting, I have learned more facts confirming the issue.

However, the Mothers with Cancer blog owner removed the post.

As a result, I have resigned from that blog.

I will be posting more about this issue on my personal blog:
http://coffeeandchemo.com

Please visit my blog or email me at
coffeeandchemo@gmail.com

I am so glad that you are past chemo. I love the Muhammad Ali quote!

May you enjoy good health and a long life!

RivkA