Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Counting

March 3rd is my two-year Cancerversary!  Two years ago I got the diagnosis that has been over-shadowing my life! 

The type of cancer I had - triple negative - has a higher rate of recurrence than most other types of breast cancer.  However, it has a distinct recurrence pattern.  It is mostly likely to recurr in the first three years after diagnosis.  After three years, the recurrence rate drops dramatically.  I will feel much better once I am past that three year mark!    Of course there's no guarantee that it won't come back after three years, but the chances are greatly diminished.

So.... two down and one to go!  Let's keep counting.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, absolutely! I think 2/3 of the way to that milestone is a great achievement. We'll count the days and the months, and before you know it, we'll be counting 3 instead of 2.

All the very best,
swan

Jean said...

So happy for the 2 year mark, and I celebrate the courage that took you through those 2 years. The questions about recurrence always linger; that you tolerate as the years pass. The lesson is about now, the time of health of energy; the future is a mystery--with or without cancer. you go girl!

Michele Corey said...

You go girlfriend!

Here's to this year being filled with tests (cause they are just part of our lives now) and hearing, see you in three more months!

And being filled with continued joy!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! It's so nice to meet you, although I hate that it's under these circumstances!

Thanks for coming by my blog -- it's always nice to meet another survivor!

Marlene MacPherson said...

Hello

Congrats on your anniversary! I am a breast cancer survivor, mother, and wife myself and can relate to some of the experiences that you went through. I am currently producing a new show called "Marlene's Meal Makeovers" I thought you might be interested in checking it out. Let me know what you think!
www.marlenesmealmakeovers.com
www.marlenemacpherson.blogspot.com

Best Health and Congrats!
Marlene

Anonymous said...

Very awesome!! Been thinking about you!

Cathy

Louise said...

It's three years now, and I do wish all is well... Sending you love, peace and good vibes from afar. xxx

Florida Dom said...

Congrats on making it for two years and best of luck on that third year.

FD