Thursday, May 1, 2008

Adhesive Burns

Well... I still didn't make it to work today. I was very uncomfortable all night long and couldn't sleep - even with pain meds. This morning, I realized that my breast and underarm are burned. Some small areas are even blistered and oozing. I am obviously allergic to the adhesive that is used to attach the steri-strips to my skin. They spread the "glue" all over your skin before they attach the strips. All the areas touched by the glue have turned red.

I am uncomfortable moving around without a sports bra on for support and my skin couldn't handle the tightness of the bra touching it. So I stayed in bed wearing a light pajama top. I also cut off some of the unnecessary ends of the steri-strips. It's feeling better this afternoon.

Just have to see what the night brings before I know how I'll feel tomorrow.

No comments: