Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Scar

I went to see my surgeon yesterday for one last check of the lumpectomy incision. It has healed well and the seroma is gone - no more fluid underneath. My doctor was in a jovial mood and ran his fingers through my hair. Said he wanted to touch it one last time before it all goes away. I think he is pleased with his work and the resulting scar. He knew my anxiety about the scar's prominence on my chest. With a big smile on his face, he asked me if I had worn any of my low cut blouses yet. I said that yes I had indeed and that the scar stayed nicely hidden! I think it's fair to say that my surgeon likes breasts - and that's a good thing!

I haven't said much here about the scar. I am also pleased with the result. I am still able to wear some "sexy" tops without the scar showing (it's the little things in life). And what the heck - I don't think I will mind showing it now and then. It is much better than I ever imagined. I can't believe I ever contemplated a mastectomy! I am so happy to have my breast! I definitely made the right choice for me.

Hope everyone has a happy Memorial Day weekend! Summer time is here! Wahoo!

No comments: