Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stress

Feeling a little stressed today. Chemo number 2 is Thursday. I went to the doctor this morning for my blood draw. They have to make sure your blood counts have rebounded from the previous treatment before you can proceed with the next. Once again, my paperwork got "lost" and I waited 2 hours for my appointment! Argh.... I had to ask the desk 3 times before they finally figured out the breakdown in communication. The doctor was very apologetic and said she would explore why the wait had occurred.

The doctor gave me a good report and said I was "ahead of the curve" so far. She said subsequent treatments usually follow the same course as the first treatment, so I should expect the same side effects and response time. I like knowing what to expect.

I'm not as worried about the chemo, but I feel like I am leaving way too much work undone. I know the world will go on without me and everything will be okay in the end, but I'm having trouble turning off my guilt meter.

One of my tasks for the weekend is to shave my head. The fall out is becoming too messy and bothersome. God, that's gonna be weird. What was that damn mantra?

My sister will be here again and it will be nice to have her back. She is such a trouper to come here from Nashville - which is not a short drive. I'm sure we will have a fashion and accessories session to deal with my bald head! She is much better at those kinds of things than I am.

Wish me luck! I'll let ya know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and checking my scarf collection to see which ones will be traveling to you via Drew this weekend.

Just think of all the extra time you will have not fixing your hair.
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Just think how much easier riding in your convertable will be without having to worry about your hair. Be careful though, hats tend to blow off and I'll bet a sunburned scalp is worse than burning the tops of your feet!
I'm free for a while now and looking for places to hang out that don't involve saws and hammering....even a Doctor's office would be a respite- so call if you need company. T:)