Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Happiness Grenade

Happiness often comes through simple pleasures. Take the Happiness Grenade, for example. My son Eli, made this Happiness Grenade for me when I was in the hospital earlier this summer; it is one of my most prized possessions. He pulled together all the parts and assembled it on his own. Just pull the pin and throw – and happiness will spill out everywhere!


Where in the world did he come up with this idea? My son is somewhat obsessed with guns and weapons, yet he has a very sweet, nurturing heart. The Happiness Grenade is a perfect symbol of irony for him.


The most amazing thing of all is – it really works! I never fail to smile anytime I look at it :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherri Jo,

That is absolutely the most priceless thing I have ever seen and yes, it sums Eli up perfectly! I am so proud of you for running (walking) the race last Saturday as you run it everyday getting stronger! We love you and are praying for you everyday!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherrie Jo, I WANT one of those grenades. Reading the previous post about the walk, and now seeing the incredible happiness grenade, I know that, in part, you are powered by tremendous love and enduring support. Of course, the other part is the grit and strength that is your spirit for life! you go girl!

Anonymous said...

Eli What a great person he is. This is a most excellent invention. I love it and I am going to take the picture of it from your Blog and put it on my computer. I laughed out loud when I saw it and am smiling still, it is going to serve me well in Illinois. Thanks Eli and thank you Sherrie Jo for sharing it.