Tuesday, July 1, 2008

3 Down - 3 To Go

Chemo 3 is done. This round was a little harder than the previous ones. A little more nausea, a little more indigestion, a little more fatigue. But it is done and it brings me to the halfway mark.

The next three sessions will be a different drug which means we are back to the unknown and which further means that my anxiety sky rockets. I hate the unknown. The new drug has weird side effects that scare me - shortnesss of breath, skin reactions, mouth sores, darkening of the skin and nails. Did I mention that I hate the unknown? I have to try and forget all about it for the next three weeks. I need a new mantra - any suggestions?

I am happy that the long holiday weekend is near. The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I like cooking out on the grill and having summer fresh veggies. I love drinking beer in the humidity and shooting off fireworks in the dark. Large firework displays are nice, but I'd much rather shoot my own. I love going into that sweltering hot tent and filling up a basket with roman candles, butterflies, and sparklers. It's good to throw in a fountain or two and you must have a dozen or so large mortars. Throw in a few punks to use as lighters and you've got yourself a couple hours of do-it-yourself entertainment. God Bless America!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day!

600

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, new mantra..."Halfway there!!"..."Serenity isn't freedom from the storm, but calm within the storm"--Unknown..."This is a life lesson. May I learn all I need to learn from this"..."Not everyone gets all the side effects!!"..."It's never as bad as I imagine it to be"..."Most of the things I worry about never happen anyway"--Tom Petty..."God grant the me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Hope those help. Hang in there! Praying for you!!
Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

How about:
I will soar through number four.

Have you made plans for how you are going to celebrate the end of this course?

Your plans for the fourth sounded outstanding so I know you will come up with a great plan you better get on it as you are half way there. Thinking of you Susan

Anonymous said...

new mantra thought: "everything is a miracle" which comes from the entire quote from Albert Einstein, "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

If all goes according to plans, I'll be in LR on July 9 & 10. I'll have the afternoon of the 9th and the morning of the 10th open. If you need an office volunteer, I could spend some time there. Just let me know!

Thoughts and prayers,
Judi

jojo said...

I love all the new mantras!!! Thanks guys!!

Anonymous said...

SJ,

The strength that you have shown through out this is incredible. I think you need to chant.....You may dampen me physically, but never my spirit. BRING IT ON....you Chemo SOB.

Your in our thoughts.....give a shout out if you get a craving for Mid-town food. Free delivery available.....just page me at 688-9602.

Monica