Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am home! I feel great and the fever is gone. We were never able to identify any kind of infection in my body. The whole episode is now being credited to the Neulasta shot I was given at my last chemo. The Neulasta shot is supposed to help build your white blood cell count after the chemo drugs have knocked it down. It seems my body had a bad reaction to the shot which caused the fever and the increased white blood cell count. Go figure! I don't think anyone really knows for sure....

The hopital experience was very frustrating and I will probably post a ranting diatribe at some point. Right now I'm just happy to be out of the hospital. There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed. Ahhhhhh.

4 comments:

mjr said...

Awesome! I'm with you and the hospital thing. So glad that you are home.

Anonymous said...

Me too.

dcm

Anonymous said...

You are living proof that hospitals are no place to get well or rest! Glad you're home where TLC abounds. Judi

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri Jo-- Glad to hear you are home! I just wanted to say I love the pictures you posted! Eli is a doll, of course, and So are YOU! Never saw anyone so cute without hair! Love ya-- Mimi