Friday, July 11, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Feeling a little whiney today.... chemo side effects are starting to build on me (fatigue, tummy troubles, etc.) but rather than turn the blog into a whine fest, I'm going to post something that makes me happy! Here are some photos of my adorable son, Eli, sailing on Lake Maumelle:



What form!




May I point out that he is in the lead here:





And finally - a snapshot of me without hair - for those who asked!




But don't forget the old me, either!


p.s. - Thanks to all of you who keep sending cards and emails and gifts. They make me happy!

726

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Eli! I am so impressed! And you, hot stuff, look absoultely beautiful. Thanks for the great update.

jojo said...

Anon - you didn't sign your name!!!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful inside and out-Eli has grown and looks so handsome-really loves what he's doing you can tell. I send strength and a shoulder for you-if you feel like it keep whining go for it.

Marti

Anonymous said...

Oops! It's Steph

Anonymous said...

How long has Eli been sailing? He looks like a pro! I think your smile and your eyes are bigger and brighter than before. That inner beauty is shining through!!! And that's the most important kind. Hang in there--you are being a real trooper and are focusing on the positives--your family, friends, and an appreciation for the little things, big things, and everything. The "old you" was great, but through this experience you are being transformed into an even better "new you". Praying for endurance, strength, and peace of mind and heart for you and yours during this time and the months to come. And of course healing! Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

So where do I start when I am simply overwhelmed with the vitality of life that you and Eli project! I have never seen even a picture of Eli before and he is one handsome, and smooth-sailing, dude. And you, well, you are simply beautiful--and I mean that so sincerely. Isn't it amazing how spirit shines through! Sail on, Mom and son (Dad too).