Sunday, July 27, 2008

Incarceration

Well, I'm still incarcerated in the hospital. I didn't have fever all day Saturday and don't have any today. Yet my white blood cell count continues to rise (23 on Sat., 27 today, 13 is normal). The high white count indicates there is an infection somewhere in my body. This mysterious infection is not showing itself in any way - no sore throat, no pain with urination, no stomach problems, etc. So here I stay with IV antibiotics until the count goes down.

Being in the hospital is no fun. Someone is always waking you up to stick a needle in you. You can not rest. I feel like a neglected dog in the back yard chained to an IV pole; my chain only goes so far:) Fortunately, I feel decent today. It's the first day I've felt well since the last infusion.

There is the possibility I will get a central line inserted tomorrow (Mon.) and be allowed to receive the antibiotics at home. They have mentioned I might have to receive the medicine for as long as 14 days!!! 14 days!!! Good grief.

All of this is giving me pause about completing the last two rounds of chemo. Unless they give me a truly compelling reason I think I will quit. We'll see what the doctor says...

So looks like I will be out of commission for a few more days. I'll provide an update when I have a chance.
023

2 comments:

thegoodlays said...

There is an window of extraordinary opportunity for you to peer out of...if you are curious enough to experience the world view from this new window. I believe in leaving bodies intact for as long as your mind can be in charge of what your body needs. Cancer is error in the body's system...that's it...it happens to all of us all of the time and our bodies fight it off and send the abnormal cells to never never land and we are none the wiser. There are things you can do immediately that you are solely in charge of making happen. There are foods you should eat lots of and foods you can never let cross you lips. There is head-junk that you must resolve in the most profound and meaningful of ways...this invader is telling you that your vessel of earthly transport is in need of serious repair and restoration. You are so correct in demanding your options and your ability to trust what your female intuition is telling you about treating yourself and when the scary element of trust in something larger that you, looms largest. You can trust yourself and you can learn from the experiences of others that said, hell no...I am keeping myself intact until it is resolved in my soul that I need to explore that option. Fear is your worst enemy right now and that is so easily defeated when you realize there are amazing lessons to be learned from doing this the way and the path that YOUR mind heart and soul leads...one of your first lessons might be to rely on yourself...make yourself accountable to your larger truth...I can direct you to the right research and resources for a new and more holistic way to be cancer free...you need supporting energy for your decision making...self pity never plays sexy...and we both know you can't mess with that sexy thing you always have going for you!

jojo said...

thegoodlays - I need more hints. Send info on the research and resources you mentioned. I am intrigued.