Sunday, March 16, 2008

Shout Out

I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of my colleagues that were in Baltimore this past week. Your phone calls and cards made me feel great. I think one of the reasons I was in such a funk last Monday is because I was mad that I was missing all the fun in Baltimore! (Can't believe I missed cognac and poetry recitation at Edgar Allen Poe's grave site!)

All of the people associated with the Alliance of Children's Trust Funds are such smart, nurturing, and witty people. I enjoy every one's company immensely. So thanks for making me part of the action through the phone calls and notes. I will be working on a poem for the next time we are together. I don't know any Poe so I'm thinking of reciting the Jabberwocky or maybe the Cremation of Sam McGee...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Valliant Warrior!

Just wanted to send some good thoughts and lend my support as you give the invader your best shot - and you are someone who knows good shots! Have not kept up with anyone from my past life - has it really only been 18 months since I crossed over to "the other side?" - but thanks to my caring staff of old, I was informed of both your and Judy's health challenges. Of all the remaining CTF directors I feel closest to you all for so many reasons. Hate that you are both experiencing health issues at the same time.

While I won't profess to have the inside track on prayer fulfillment as our Pray for Rain Governor (aided by a favorable weather forecast) claims, I will summon whatever prayer power I might have to petition for good outcomes as you progress down the path to FULL RECOVERY. I have been so inspired by Robin Roberts' full disclosure on Good Morning America of her journey toward recovery since she was diagnosed last year. She is a positive-attitude person as you are but was honest that some days were just plain crappy. Hopefully on those days your delightful little Eli can help boost your spirits. I will follow your progress via blog and encourage you to be honest - but then, when weren't you!!!

Love you and miss you,
Susan Phillips, Retired

P.S. I understand there is a study - meeting all standards of scientific validity of course - that shows that a 3" scar on a breast the size of yours would not be visible to someone with 20/20 vision or better standing on a balcony in the French Quarter in New Orleans, LA. One less thing to worry about!!!

jojo said...

Susan! I am so glad you "found" me! I will take ALL the prayers I can get - Governor endorsed or not.

Hope life on the "other side" is good. I'll bet it's full of grandkids and fun travel.

And thanks for the info on that scientific study. I assume it comes from the "What Happens on Bourbon Street Stays on Bourbon Street Journal."

Love and miss you too! Honestly!
- sj