Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gatekeepers

Obviously, one of my biggest concerns is spread of the cancer to other parts of my body. The presence of cancer in the lymph nodes is a sign that it is spreading. I have been trying to visualize the cancer cells staying contained in the primary mass in my breast. All the cancer cells need to stay right where they are so that the surgeon can remove them all during the lumpectomy. No scattering of the cancer cells is allowed! Travel restrictions are being strictly enforced.

As I was visualizing this thought, a funny idea popped into my head. I started seeing the "card soldiers" from the Disney movie Alice in Wonderland. I visualized the soldiers surrounding the tumor in my breast and pointing their spears at it. Their wide, card bodies form a tight gate around the herd of cancer cells. Any cells that try to escape are promptly poked back into the herd.

I can' remember if they were effective soldiers in the movie, but they are doing great work for me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bet those "card soldiers" are doing a good job. You keep them on duty! No nodal travel!!!Visualization was such a help to me through all stages of treatment--even the healing of the scar.

Sounds like a good treatment plan, and would we ever like to see you in Seattle! You will know what's best; just make sure you don't have to lift anything even remotely heavy if you choose to travel (bar glasses are no problem!).

Lessa said...

Sherri Jo,

Just want you to know that I am in your corner sending positive thoughts and praying for you and your family. Let us at the Parent Center know if we can do anything to help you during your treatment

Anonymous said...

Love your card soldiers visualization. At least yours isn't drug-induced as was the original. Sounds as if you have made good decisions about your course of action. Will think of you extra hard on Thurs.

We have similar thoughts about faith and the roll/existence of higher power(s). However, I do believe that there is power, earthly or otherwise, in positive thinking especially when we gang together. You have such a huge fan base we won't let you down. Your goal of a cup of java in Seattle is a noble one, but let your body guide you to the right decision. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I could borrow some to put around our house! Here's to hoping all goes well on Thursday! We will be in touch! T:)

jojo said...

If I go to Seattle, I will have a rolling suitcase and a wad of one dollar bills! But I will wait to see what my body says. I bet curls with a bar glass are good for improving range of motion.

Lessa - you can help by telling Pam and Doreen we need to have an emergency meeting at the lake house in Hot Springs! Say something about the therapuetic waters there...

SSP - If you are right about "gang power" then I feel in good hands. Have you seen how many hits my blog is getting? OMG!

Goddess - I will be through with the soldiers Thursday afternoon. They're all yours! LOL! Not sure how they hold up to tornados, however!

Anonymous said...

jojo my soldiers are fighting for you too.

Humor and Friends are you best weapons.

The doctors and science helps a bit too.

If you want to borrow Teddy let me know. He really helped me.

Oldjoe