Monday, April 21, 2008

Last Minute Details

I check in at 6:00 a.m. for surgery. Ugh - I am NOT a morning person. I go to Radiology at 7:15 a.m. for the marking of the sentinel node and surgery should be around 9:00 a.m. I'm guessing an hour for surgery, 30-45 minutes in recovery, and in a room by 12:30 -1:00. Sleep the rest of the afternoon. Spend one night in the hospital and go home on Wednesday.

I am a little anxious this afternoon. All of the anxiety I put aside during the delay is catching up with me. I am not nervous about the surgery itself - just anxious about the final outcome. You know... the dreaded scar. What was that mantra again? Oh yeah.... Remember the bigger picture; I will learn to embrace the scar. Remember the bigger picture; I will learn to embrace the scar. Remember the bigger picture...

Oh, I am so ready to get this over with! I wish I could go home and go to sleep right now. Alas, there is a baseball game and a little boy who would be very disappointed if his mother did not attend.

I will post my surgical experiences (what I remember of them!) when I get out of the hospital. I'll talk to you all on the other side of this thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugz and prayerz, SJ.

- Geezus

Anonymous said...

Praying for you.
Love, Cathy