Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Comcast Cable Sucks!

It seems every time I am sick and stay home for the day, the fricking cable goes out and it takes two days to get a repairman to the house. Why must I have such a sympathetic cable box that goes down when I am down? ARGHHHHHH! I just want to watch some stupid tv and I can’t!

Okay, okay…. Maybe this is the universe’s way of telling me that I need to do something else. Guess I’ll dive into The Shack – a novel given to me by a colleague for my recovery period. Maybe some great inspiration or introspection awaits me there.

Okay, letting go of my anger and opening myself up to the discoveries the universe has to offer today. Report back later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am also reading The Shack. Just started it in earnest. But if you need a break and the cable is still out may I suggest "Lars and The Real Girl." It certainly has a serious side to it but for the most part its a sweet look at what people will do for each other when they need to.

Glad the recovery is going so well!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to help Gail get a comment posted. We will see if I'm successful.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Just out on DVD is a Cohen brothers movie, BURN AFTER READING. We saw it at the movies and then rented it again when it came out a couple of weeks ago.Another Cohen brothers' movie is FARGO....a dark comedy. Your brother Mike says any Cohen brother movie will make you laugh.

Let me knonw what you think of The Shack. I think Allison is reading my copy.

Glad this surgery is behind you!! Wish you as speedy recovery as possible. I may be in LR, weather permitting, in two weeks. I'll check in with you before I come.
Love, Mike and Gail

Anonymous said...

We live 5 minutes away and have an extensive movie collection. Call and maybe we can drop by something you can "nap to" As a matter of fact I bet if we all put our collections together, we could give Blockbuster a run....hmm...movie exchange anyone?

jojo said...

I actually rented Burn After Reading today!! I love the Cohen brothers. Didn't get to watch it today.

And to Anonymous with the video library - I'd love to nap to one of your movies. I don't know who you are but you apparently know me well!!!