Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brief Update

Super quick update…. The surgery went smoothly! There were no complications and I didn’t have an ounce of nausea in recovery. The first 24 hours were pretty painful but it has leveled out now and I’m tolerating the pain okay. I wound up staying two nights at the hospital instead of one – mostly because I needed the morphine for pain management. I also spiked a fever of 102 which had everyone worried for awhile, but it seems it was just my body’s reaction to the trauma it experienced.

The breast mounds look pretty weird and uneven, but the nipples look great. My skin has good capillary refill which is a good sign that the skin is going to survive. I can see the potential for a decent set of ta-tas once we start blowing them up with saline.

That’s all the news for now! I’m glad to be home and to have the worst part behind me! I'll post more later.

6 comments:

mjr said...

Good to hear that all went well. Be sure to take it real easy over the next little while. Everyone from our meeting last week in D.C. sends their best.

Sue said...

Wonderful news! I am so glad to hear from you and know that you are OK. All the best. Take really good care of yourself.

hugs, swan

Donna said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well and that the foundation is in place for your new "gals". Take care.
Love, Donna

Anonymous said...

Sherri Jo,
I am doing a little happy dance!!!!!!! You are amazing.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Love and Good Wishes,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Sherri Jo,
So glad everything went well!! Keep that pain under control. And just remember...never have to wear a bra after surgery recovery!!! Let me know what day is not taken for lunch. I could do Wednesday. I recommend "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" and that silly British series with the 2 women, oh!! "AbFab" or "Absolutely Fabulous". Again, I am so glad everything went well and that you are seeing a bright future for your new "gals"! Always praying, Cathy

Cailin said...

that's great news! i'm so glad to hear it went well and i hope the pain will be short-lived.

as for movie recommendations, i'm always a sucker for low-brow comedy especially when i'm not feeling well. so i suggest "superbad" and "harold and kumar go to white castle"! oh and i love the show 30 Rock - 3 seasons are on DVD.

best wishes for your recovery!!
cailin