Thursday, January 8, 2009

So Long Ole Gals!

To my breasts:

So long ole gals. I was a skinny, gangly teenager when you first appeared - practically overnight. In the beginning, I may have been shy and embarassed by the attention boys gave to you, but later I enjoyed going braless and teasing boys with the possibility of a caress. You seldom failed at getting attention. In more recent years, I was so happy you provided nurishment for my infant son and I will never forget the contented look on his face when he fell asleep nursing. Yes, you have provided me with some great years, but it is time for you to go. I will miss you terribly and I hope your new "sisters" will provide another set of fond memories.

5:45 a.m. and I will be at the hospital ready to go. Surgery is at 7:15 and I will slide into recovery around 3:00 p.m.

Lots of dear angels out there have been asking me how they can help during my recovery. I have a hard time knowing what I might need, but I finally came up with a couple of ideas. First, for those of you who live in Little Rock, I would love it if you would bring me lunch one day. I’ll be stuck here at the house for a few weeks and I would love to share a quick meal with you. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy – just a sandwich or something small. If you can sneak away on your lunch hour one day, give me a call and see if I'm up for company.

For those of you far away, I would love it if you would post a comment and recommend a funny movie for me to watch during my days off. You know what they say about laughter being the best medicine. Also, a good belly laugh is supposed to get your heart rate up and that will help with blood flow to the skin on my newly formed breasts. I like all kinds of silly movies, new and old, so tell me about a few that tickle your funny bone.

Thanks for all the good wishes. They make me feel great. As always, I'll talk to ya'll on the other side of this mess. Think happy thoughts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be with you all day tomorrow! God Speed and we will see you on the flip side. Love and Hugs
David and Terri

Unknown said...

Funny Movies for Farewell Breasts!

Fish Called Wanda
Fawlty Towers Series
GhostBusters
Raising Arizona
Little Miss Sunshine
Super Bad
Napoleon Dynamite
Ratatouille

Love, Allison

Anonymous said...

We love you Sherri Jo and know you're going to be flying high in no time!

Anonymous said...

hugz and prayerz, jojo. gyroz zandwich and the princezz bride. inconzeivable.

geez

Sue said...

Thinking of you... by now, hopefully, you are in recovery and beginning the road to wellness...

I'd second that Princess Bride recomendation and add the only Arnold Schwartzenneger film that I can stand: True Lies.

All the best,
swan